Friday, July 8, 2011

Blogging Hiatus

Ok, I know I haven't posted anything in a long time. Consider it a dry spell, writers block or just lack of doing anything really blog worthy. When we got back from Georgia, I had a bunch of house projects hanging that I had to tackle. The old copper pipe section that I hadn't replaced yet started leaking again, this time not to be patched or denied. Unfortunately the lines run from the basement up into the attic and then down to the powder room, so the project was larger than the inconvenience would have suggested. Last weekend I worked for 12 hours straight and almost had it licked, with just some pipe bracing to do in the attic and then connect the pex to the cpvc in the basement. So with high hopes on July 4th, I headed to the attic for the final mission. I was feeling good and getting a little careless when coming down out of the attic and that's when bad stuff happens. My bad was when unstoppable force (rammy me) met unmovable object (sharp cut 2X4 brace) and the result was a blow to my head and a gash that started bleeding pretty badly. I put enough pressure on it to get the bleeding stopped and Irma took me to the hospital.

Patched up with 17 blingfabulous staples.

This weekend.....I'm putting on my bike helmet, going up to the attic, cutting that hazard down and ceremoniously burning it in the back yard.
Hopefully I won't hurt myself in the process.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Would I be unkind to call you zipperhead? The doctor did a good job and your flesh is a healthy color.
No repeats, please.

Cathy said...

Since you're wearing a hairband, I was going to call you Muffy. The doctor did a good job and I'm SOOO glad you're OK and NO REPEATS of course!!