Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I wasn't made to sit.....

....so I got up and took a walk. Outside, on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon, when I should have been answering emails and supervising staff. But I had been doing that since 8:00 AM after sitting on the bus for 75 minutes which came after sitting in my car for 30 minutes. This lifestyle is my own choice and that of many others. It seems that salary is directly proportional to the sedentary nature of the job. The more you move, the less you make. And our bodies were designed to move. Of course technology hasn't helped resolve this issue.

So I have to take the time to move, to get out. And even in the city, there are rewards waiting.




One day I will get paid to ride my bike and travel to the mountains. 
I won't get paid much, but that's fine with me.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Washingon is a beautiful city. Glad you get time to enjoy it.

Cathy said...

beautiful fall pix of Washington. LIKE!!