Monday, April 23, 2012

Couch to 5K

I have off from work today and tomorrow (my birthday) so I started the Couch to 5K running plan.I got my new shoes on Saturday from the Annapolis Running Shop. I thought it a good idea to start after I had new treads rather than try to run in my 3 year old Saucony's. They fit well but my feet felt like they were sliding around a bit, maybe I need to experiment with my socks.

No, not clown shoes, it's the camera angle. Mizuno Wave Nirvana 8.

I can see from day one that the challenge is going to be the knees, not the breathing. Breathing almost felt too easy, I had to hold myself back because my knees were sending a signal that I didn't want to ignore.
"Hey, we're doing fine down here, but if you want to do this again on Thursday, you better lighten up"
I paid attention, considering the most I've run in the past 10 years is to catch the train.

Day 1 a success.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Listen to those knees says the voice of experience.

Lisa said...

I am excited that you are running a 5k! Maybe we can all go for a run when we come visit!

Carl said...

Lisa, although I appreciate the sentiment, I'm sure I won't be up to yours, Jared's, or Reilly's running expectations just yet. Maybe when we visit you guys in Chicago

Cathy said...

Ditto Carl!! I'll go hiking with them when I visit them in CHicago.