Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow Ride

There are some people that can rock a bike helmet. I am not one of them. My helmet announces "Man with Coleman cooler on head". Seriously, how many people look cool in these things? But the alternate is less cool by far, cracking my head open on a frozen tree root. 

On Monday I did a snow ride through Sam's Woods.
The distance was about 5 miles on frozen trail with partial snow and ice. It was about 28 degrees out.
This is the first winter that I have started mountain biking in the snow, and I have to say, it's pretty cool. I didn't know what I was missing. The main thing is not to make sharp turns and if you get in a snow covered rut, don't try to turn out of it. There are people in Alaska that do this stuff all the time. They have to if they want to ride between October and April. My adventure is somewhat tame compared to theirs. So far.


No comments: