Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter commute


I took this pic of the US Capitol as I walked to work today from the Metro. The commute late yesterday was a mess. The government closed 2 hours early, just when the storm hit, so everyone got dumped out on the streets at the same time. There were abandoned cars everywhere this morning. It's amazing what 6 - 8 inches of snow can do in this part of the country. In New England or the mid-west, it would be just another winter day. I got up at 4:30 this morning and left in good time to get to work. I'm all for driving safely in the snow, but I always seem to get behind someone going ridiculously slow, like 20 mph when you could do 45. I'm looking forward to a good snowy bike ride this weekend.

1 comment:

Cathy Victorius said...

I can't believe you actually went to work!! We got @ 16 inches of snow and were told not to go to work. It took me almost two hours to dig the car out of the snow, stay home where it's warm, safe and sound!!