Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend gone to the dogs

If it seems like I haven't been posting anything for a while, well it's because I haven't. Not that I haven't wanted to, in fact not being able to post anything significant makes me feel a little guilty. After our trip to Virgina we both were sick and then I have been preoccupied with house projects. There's that bathroom that had the black mold problem that I have been renovating for the past almost 2 years. Saturday I finally finished insulating the crawl space and completed the subfloor. I just need to insulate the walls and then I am ready for drywall. This has been a never ending project, as my wife will attest to. Like Elvin, the painter who never finished on the show Murphy Brown (ed note: references to old chick shows may cause temporary damage to manliness).

Yesteday Irma and I painted the "office", a good rainy day project. I wanted to go for a mud ride in the rain but I gave all my energy at the "office". However, we did have to make an effort to execise the dogs. Without some sort of exercise, Reilly can be unbearable inside. It's like having a hyperactive kid on a sugar rush. So we put them on the porch and encouraged a doggie tug of war. It wasn't as good a making her circle the house for the chucker, but it was all we could come up with on a rainy day.


Patton and Reilly tug it out!

No comments: