Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello Mrs. Skink!


It's not that I really mind you all that much, I know you're pretty harmless and some might even consider you cute. You eat bugs, which is good. After all, anything that eats bugs is A-OK in my book. But do you have to live in the ceiling over our porch? And when nature calls, as it does for all of us, couldn't you at least try to make it outside before depositing your reptile feces on the porch carpet? Would that be too much to ask? I found one of your sons today in the basement. The little black one with the blue tail. Yeah, he was trying to get out the window, bumping into it like a dumb fly until I knocked him off into a trash can and carried him out to freedom. He didn't seem too bright. Did you marry your brother or your cousin? Anyway, I had mercy on him, because I really don't want to kill your family. I just want you to live over there in that nice tree stump. you can come to the garden anytime you want. Believe me, it's an insect buffet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're interesting! I especially like the iridescent blue and lime green ones!!

That's the only thing I've evern seen Patton go after though.

Clare said...

Are there skink whisperers? I like the colorful ones too -- but out of doors!

Irma said...

It bothers me that they seem to get bigger every year!