Friday, May 6, 2011

What's been up lately?


For those of you that do actually check my blog on occasion, I'm sorry that I have not been posting lately. I hope to correct that this weekend when Tyler and Morgan come for a visit. T and I plan to take a road ride (bicycle for you non-biking types). I have no doubt that he will put me to shame, but I'm looking forward to it just the same. However, I plan to make him pay for out-riding me by wearing my bike shorts and Coleman cooler helmet. When you're 55, you get a free pass at dorkiness. But I draw the line at the aero helmet!

It's hard to keep in shape when you sit in a car and on a train for about 3 hours a day and then sit at your desk for another 8+ hours. I really have to exercise more than the usual weekend chores and occasion bike ride. Last weekend, my sister and I helped Mom move next door to a 1 BR apartment. Even after one has downsized, moving is still an ordeal. I think it's finally getting under control, but it takes a while. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I hope you are feeling the energy soon.

I got a new (used) car, a 2005 Accord with 65K miles. I really like it and the nice thing is that it has a tach. I noticed that if I keep and eye on the tach and try not to let the rpm's get over 2500, the gas mileage is pretty good. I'll know for sure after my next fill up, but I'm hoping for 34 ave. It also has a CD player, first commuter car I've had with a CD player. What am I going to do with my 8-tracks now? Irma likes it too. She took it to get the Chinese take-out last night. Even moved the seat back for me so my knees didn't do the dashboard crush thing. Thanks, Honey!

Two weeks ago we hired a dog whisperer. Trying to get Reilly the Shepherd dialed down from lunatic canine to just adorably nuts. So far it has been going well. She's still a shepherd though and maintains her level of paranoia at anything that isn't ingrained into her dog brain as totally normal. This morning I was petting her and thought I felt a tick. I held her on her back, still petting her, as I did the pet/tick-check maneuver. When I let her up she shot back to the bedroom to her bed and curled up in a distressed ball of imagined guilt. Patton on the other hand enjoys the tick checks so much that he is severly disappointed when they stop.

I'm going to get lunch now. Yes, it's a slow day at work. Hope you all have a good weekend......
And Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

No comments: